More than Sixty Free Preventive Care Services for Families
Republicans who want to repeal the Affordable Care Act aren’t just targeting preventive services for women; there are more than sixty services that are now available under ACA – with no co-pay – for all adults and children. These services are all in jeopardy as long as Republicans are in control of the congressional agenda.
When Michelle gets to Congress, she will fight for increased access to quality, affordable health care, not less. And she will fight to bring down the high costs of health care for small businesses, seniors and middle class families so everyone has access to health care.
Some of the free preventive health services for adults include:
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm one-time screening for men of specified ages who have ever smoked
- Alcohol Misuse screening and counseling
- Aspirin use for men and women of certain ages
- Blood Pressure screening for all adults
- Cholesterol screening for adults of certain ages or at higher risk
- Colorectal Cancer screening for adults over 50
- Depression screening for adults
- Type 2 Diabetes screening for adults with high blood pressure
- Diet counseling for adults at higher risk for chronic disease
- HIV screening for all adults at higher risk
- Immunization vaccines for adults
- Obesity screening and counseling for all adults
- Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) prevention counseling for adults at higher risk
- Tobacco Use screening for all adults and cessation interventions for tobacco users
- Syphilis screening for all adults at higher risk
There are also 27 free preventive services for children, including screening for obesity, behavioral health problems, and critical childhood vaccinations.
Information for this message was taken from www.healthcare.gov, a comprehensive government-sponsored site to help consumers navigate the health care system.
Authorized by Michelle Lujan Grisham for Congress